Disclaimer

This is a Pro Mia site. This site was not intended to "teach" anyone how to use Bulimic or Anorexic tendencies to lose weight. This site may contain information, tips, or other items that if used could be dangerous to your health. Bulimia is a mental illness and should be recognized as such.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Why Pro-Mia/Pro-Ana sites are necessary

I heard this a long time ago, and remembered it today. I thought you guys would appreciate it.

A man was walking down the street one day and fell in a hole.

Not long after, a priest walked by. "Father", the man cried out, "can you help me?". The priest wrote down a prayer for the man and threw it down the hole to him as he walked away.

A bit later, a doctor walked by. "Doctor", the man yelled, "can you help me?". The doctor wrote out a prescription for the man, threw it down the hole, and walked away.

Then, a friend walked by. "Hey Joe", the man yelled, "can you help me out of here?". The man looked down, saw how deep his friend was, and jumped to him. "What were you thinking?", the man yelled, "Now we're both stuck down here". "Yes", Joe replied, "but I've been here before and I know the way out".

Pro-Mia/ Pro-Ana sites are there so that people who've been down the same hole can connect. Plain and Simple.

1 comment:

  1. So true, no one else gets it except people who are living it

    ReplyDelete