Disclaimer

This is a Pro Mia site. This site was not intended to "teach" anyone how to use Bulimic or Anorexic tendencies to lose weight. This site may contain information, tips, or other items that if used could be dangerous to your health. Bulimia is a mental illness and should be recognized as such.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mommy's in town

Ugh, the time that I have been dreading for so long is now here. My mother is in town. I know most others don't quite understand, but here's the thing- this is the first time that my mother has been to "my" house in, well, ever. I moved away when I was 18 and joined the military. My first duty station was in California, and it took until the end of my 2.5 year stay there for her to come and see me- but I was in the barracks.
Now, I've been in Hawaii for 4 years and she's finally here. Part of me is excited to see her, to have a family face around me again. On the same hand, I can't stand being around her - she makes me so unsure of myself. I know that the way she brought me up has a lot to do with my ed- and now she's here, watching me. It's not even like i can just avoid eating around her- because that's what we do, we go out to eat. At the same time, it doesn't matter what I order, because it's like she's constantly watching me.
Yesterday, I was appalled. We went to Target for her to get some snacks and water bottles for her hotel room. I couldn't believe what she bought- it was all horrible and fattening food- stuff I wouldn't even consider buying. I know if I said anything to her, she'd just say that "she's on vacation", but they sure as hell don't like it if I want to eat something from back home.
I'm just confused and angry. I want to have a great relationship with my mom- I want to be able to talk to her, but I can't. It just bugs me that she's so high and mighty and I'm still this little girl on the inside that just wants her mom to be that amazing mom.
Anyway, that's my vent for today- if it's a few days, you'll know why- mommy will be gone next week.

1 comment:

  1. the relationship between mum and daughter is always so hard. It must be difficult feeling like she's always watching you!Sounds like a lot of pressure.
    I hope you're able to relax!
    love Battle xx

    ReplyDelete