Disclaimer

This is a Pro Mia site. This site was not intended to "teach" anyone how to use Bulimic or Anorexic tendencies to lose weight. This site may contain information, tips, or other items that if used could be dangerous to your health. Bulimia is a mental illness and should be recognized as such.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Long Time No Blog

Since the last time that I was able to blog, so much has happened to me. As planned, my husband and I moved into our house. On Saturday, we got 90% of the house painted (only the edging left to do) and on Monday, all of our stuff was moved (by a moving company, thank God!). So- while I'd like to say that I haven't blogged for so long because I've been busy making my new house a perfect home, I'm sorry to say that isn't how I've spent my week.
On Tuesday morning I woke up ready to get to unpacking and putting every last item from boxes into their perfect place. At 9am, the cable company arrived and started working. While the cable guy started working, I went around the house trying to get some little things done. My back had been hurting over the last few days, so I was very careful not to lift heavy boxes, ect. My first "little thing" to get done, was to change the toilet paper roll in the downstairs bathroom, so I bent over.....then suddenly couldn't get up. I held onto the wall and the bathroom counter for a second, thinking the immense pain would pass, but when I tried to move, I ended up on the floor. I tried to call for the cable guy, but he was outside and couldn't hear me, so I crawled to the living room where I could reach my cell phone. I called my husband to come home from work and take me to the hospital, then called a friend to stay at the house with the cable guy. Well, when my hubby got home, we realized that I couldn't stand up, let alone walk to the car and sit- so I got to ride in an ambulance for the first time ever.
The hospital couldn't do anything for me but drug me up, so they shot me up with morphine and then sent me home with vicodine and strict instructions to take it easy.
So that's what I did- all day long. I sat on the couch and watched tv. That night, feeling gross, I decided I wanted to take a shower. My husband helped me up the stairs, helped me get undressed, then helped me get in the shower- at which point I assured him that I could handle it from there. Well, I was wrong. As soon as I got the shampoo in my hair, I realized that trying to scrub my head was more than I could handle. I held onto the walls of the shower and called for my husband. By the time he got upstairs, I was on my hands and knees in the tub floor. He helped me stand up and washed my hair for me- but when he went to grab me a towel, he turned around just in time to catch me as I blacked out in the tub. So- we were back to the hospital for like 7 more hours- and all they did was give me more drugs and send me home.
Now I'm home, can't move from the couch for more than about half an hour at a time and the boxes just aren't getting unpacked.
Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment